Friday, October 22, 2010

Skinny Pumpkin Latte and Our New Addition

Skinny Pumpkin Latte (by Gina @ skinnytaste.com) This is really good and I prefer mine Iced...Yumm! (Original post here)


Skinny Pumpkin Spiced Latte

Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 1 latte • Weight Watcher Points: 2 pts
Calories: 115.6 • Fat: 0.4 g • Protein: 6.6 g • Carb: 20.8 g • Fiber: 0.7 g

Adapted from The Kitchn
  • 1 1/2 cups fat free milk (I used almond milk)
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin butter (I used Trader Joe's)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2 tsp sugar or sugar substitute (to taste) (I used Stevia)
  • 1/4 cup of espresso (or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee works...I used this!)
  • fat free whipped topping.....(omitted)
  • pumpkin pie spice for topping
In a small pan combine milk, pumpkin butter and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until boiling. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth (or whisk well with a wire whisk)

Pour into two mugs, add the hot espresso and top with fat free whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top.

Pam's Notes: I put all this in the blender and added some ice....came out yummy and frothy!

Our new addition: Meet Diamond "Lily"....our diamond in the rough!...he he! On the eve of my birthday (Oct. 13th) we were coming back from dinner on a busy highway and found her on the berm of the road. She was so scared and hungry, but happy now....warm, energized, and full of life!

Hope you are having a wonderful Friday! Hugs!

7 comments:

  1. she's PRECIOUS! happy belated birthday!

    mmm... pumpkin spiced lattes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless You, Pam... Lily is a lucky kittie - and SO cute!! :D

    HAPPY WEEKEND !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I want the kitty! SO cute!

    That pumpkin spiced latte looks so good! I love how healthy the ingredients are! I must try this!

    whatrunslori.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so sweet! And so special. I haven't been able to do much blog visiting lately and look what I'm missing. The pumpkin latte looks awfully good too. I use almond milk too, so that's a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm on the pumpkin latte and what an adorable kitten! So very glad you rescued her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy does this pumpkin spiced latte looks good! All year long, I look forward to ordering this drink from Starbucks, and I fret when the season is over. This recipe is a keeper, so I can enjoy this at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely latte!! And congrats on your new family member -- I love kitties and haven't had a kitten in ages! My two loves were added to the family 7 years ago as rescues at age 6 months so we missed a lot of the kitten play!

    ReplyDelete