Thursday, October 21, 2010

Raw Chewy Apricot Macaroons

Thank you for all the wonderful October wishes! Hope you all are enjoying October as much as my hubby and I are!

Raw Chewy Apricot Macaroons (Raw Energy by Stephanie Tourles)

1.5 cups dried apricots
3 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
pinch of sea salt

Soak apricots for 4 hours in enough water to cover by 2".
Drain and blend the apricots, coconut, and salt in the food processor till a stiff moist dough forms, about 60 seconds.
Place in medium bowl. Roll the dough into balls (1.5" diameter) flatten slightly (if you choose). Place on mesh screen and dehydrate 115 degrees, 18-22 hours till quite firm and slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I was JUST thinking today... coming up with a healthy snack / dessert that had apricots!! TRUTH !!

    :D

    *great minds think alike*

    I've starred this in my reader... they look so good ! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! And I love that there's no added coconut oil or other fats in it, my body just can't seem to be able to digest anything too rich lately. So this is perfect! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete