Monday, September 27, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Almond Cranberry Bites
- 1/3 cup whole almonds (I used Trader Joe’s raw almond meal)
- 1/3 cup sugar (I used organic)
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries (I used fresh cranberries)
- 2/3 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 large egg white (I used egg replacer)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
Monday, September 13, 2010
This is when we first received them...they were one month old! Sammie is on the feed tub, to his left Sasha and Sierra behind her!
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Hope everyone had a lovely Labor Day!
Friday, September 3, 2010
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
strawberries or your favorite ripe berries, sliced
vegan whipped cream
2 c flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ c vegan margarine
½ c unflavored or vanilla soy milk
¼ c applesauce
Lightly grease a baking sheet and preheat oven to 425º. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in margarine until pea-sized. Stir in applesauce and soy milk. Divide dough into 9 portions using an ice cream scoop, dropping them onto baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden.
Slice off the top of each biscuit (or don’t) and add a dollop of of whipped cream. Top generously with berries, and remember why you love summer.
If you eat them straight out of the oven, be aware that the heat may melt the whipped cream, so the presentation may not hold for very long. That never deters me, though! If you somehow manage to have leftovers, briefly warm the biscuits in a conventional or toaster oven before serving.
A really great recipe! Happy September to ya!