Monday, June 28, 2010

Onion Flax Crackers

Onion Flax Crackers from http://www.rawmazing.com/


Onion Flax Crackers

  • 2 C Flax seeds soaked at least 6 hours
  • 1 C ground flax seeds
  • 1 Sweet onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1/4 C Nama Shoyu
  • 1/2 C Hemp seeds

Place all ingredients in food processor. Process until well combined. Spread on teflex sheet 1/4 ” thick and score. Dehydrate 8 hours, flip and dehydrate until dry.....Thank You Susan! These are very delish!

Pam's changes: I didn't soak the flax seed. I put everything, except the 2 cups flax seed in the food processor and processed till minced, then placed mixture in a large bowl and added the unsoaked flax seed. I also added about 3/4 of a bag of small carrots to the food processor to be minced and added about 1/4 cup of water to the large bowl. I set the 'D' on 105 degrees.

14 comments:

  1. i made raw crackers on the weekend...my own little recipe...not bad at all...

    yours look really yummy...would go nice with my hummus and walnut lentil pate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love raw cracker recipes! I never made crackers before I started eating high raw and I have no idea why?! There fun and pretty easy to make, including this recipe. Thanks for sharing! And I love your additions to it :) I have a bunch of carrot pulp from this mornings juice and was wondering what to do with it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the addition of the carrots in this:) They look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm! I'm coming over for dinner! You oughta put all your recipes together and make an ebook or DVD or something. They all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous! Love the addition of the carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple a recipe! I can't wait to try these! Yours look so pretty and professional... what's your secret???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lori for your sweet comment, there is really no secret....just make them round shaped on the teflex sheet and use a pizza cutter to cut into shapes...I really appreciate it Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Trisch....come on over girl and we will feast!...lol! Great ideas!...appreciate it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to make these nutritious crackers for sometime. They look so hearty and tasty! These crackers do look so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious! I never even thought of making crackers from scratch. So simple!
    Yum!
    Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! I really love that you share this...and I really need to start doing this, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still have yet to make these crackers, they look soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so making these! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete