Saturday, June 19, 2010

Energy Balls

Energy Balls


1/2 cup 100% natural peanut butter made with ONLY peanuts (I used almond butter)
1 tbsp honey or agave nectar (I used agave)
11/2 cups crispy oats or flax meal (for omega-3s) (I used golden flax meal)
1/2 cup raisins or 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips. Dark chocolate contains antioxidants that can help maintain cardiovascular health. (I used 1/4 cup cacao nibs)

Roll up into bite-sized balls and refrigerate for at least an hour before eating. Important to remember that you should be eating no more than 1 or 2 energy balls per day (and only before your workout.)

11 comments:

  1. nom nom! I am loving flax meal. So fun to bake (or no bake) with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Not sure I could limit myself to just 2 a day though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome pre-workout snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy looking...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks great for my pre-run ! :)

    I think I'll be making these today, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Your recipes look great, I'll be trying some of them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yes! It makes such a difference the new design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those looks wonderful! I love that I have all those ingridents in my pantry! YAY :D I'm going to try making them tonight with my lil guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh yum!? How have I not found your blog sooner!? Those little balls of energy will be mine soon enough (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok so what is the secret??? Mine will not stick together. I tried the flax & the & crispy oats..HELP. My guy said I could make Energy Baggies...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Mary Beth....so sorry you had problems with them....I'm not sure why they are not holding together. I used only the flax seed....try using a bit more peanut butter or whatever nut butter you are using! And tell your guy "FUNNY"..lol! Hope it works.....I couldn't access your blog! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete